NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Ohio Dominican volleyball team traveled south to compete against Trevecca Nazarene on Friday evening. The Panthers dropped the match, 3-0.
Bos Score Notes
- Freshman Ashley Aselage (Tipp City, Ohio) led the way for ODU with 10 kills on the night. Senior Kamryn Maxwell (Norwalk, Ohio) followed closely behind with nine.
- Defensive specialists Kelsey Shoup (Dalton, Ohio) and Alexis Keipert (Burlington, Ky.) both tallied six digs.
- Gabrielle Kirker (Tallmadge, Ohio) added another double-figure assist match under her belt, collecting 15.
How It Happened
- The Black and Gold found themselves behind early 8-3 despite registering kills from Aselage and Olivia Kirksey (Reynoldsburg, Ohio).
- ODU won four of six points but still trailed the Trojans 13-8.
- TNU won 12 of the last 17 points to close out set one 25-13.
- The Panthers took the lead early in set two 3-1.
- The Trojans capitalized on errors from Ohio Dominican and took the lead 8-6.
- Maxwell and Aselage tried to rally late collecting three kills apiece, though it wasn't enough as TNU won set two 25-18.
- The Black and Gold found themselves behind early 6-3.
- Trevecca extended their lead 13-7 after going on a 7-2 run over ODU.
- The Panthers answered with a four-point run of their own but dropped set three 25-16.
The Black and Gold travel to the Bluegrass State where they battle Ky. Wesleyan on Saturday at 2 PM EDT from the Woodrow Health and Recreation Center.
Contact: Bailee Worley