COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio Dominican volleyball team fell to Ashland University at home on Tuesday evening, 3-0.
Box Score Notes
- Junior Olivia Kirksey (Reynoldsburg, Ohio) registered her fourth double-double of the season with 10 kills and 11 digs. She also went 26/26 from the receiving end. Libero Kelsey Shoup (Dalton, Ohio) collected 10 digs in the match.
- Freshman Grace Zinchuk (Schaumburg, Ill.) tallied three blocks and had a hitting percentage of .294.
- The Panthers grabbed six service aces. Alexis Keipert (Burlington, Ky.) and Gabrielle Kirker (Tallmadge, Ohio) both had three. Keipert added eight digs.
- Setter Saige Avery (Yorkville, Ill.) led the way with 16 assists. She also collected seven digs. Kirker was right behind her with 14 assists.
How It Happened
- The Black and Gold started the set by grabbing six of the first nine points, taking the lead 6-3.
- The Eagles went on a five-point run, taking the lead 11-9.
- With a kill from Lauren Lucas (Grove City, Ohio) and a service ace from Keipert, ODU brought it within five, still trailing 17-12.
- Ashland closed out set one by winning the last five points, taking it 25-15.
- Keipert collected back-to-back aces to establish the lead for the Panthers early in set two, 3-0.
- The Eagles tied it up 9-all with a kill from Erin Krupar. Ohio Dominican responded with a kill from Zinchuk and three services aces in a row from Kirker, regaining the lead 13-9.
- After back-to-back kills from Ashley Aselage (Tipp City, Ohio), the Black and Gold took the lead by seven, 21-15.
- Ashland answered by winning 10 of the last 11 points to win set two 25-22, leading 2-0.
- Set three opened with kills from Zinchuk and Kirksey to grab an early lead 3-1.
- ODU went on a four-point run with blocks from Zinchuk and Ashley Chmielewski (Roscommon, Mich.), extending their lead 12-9.
- Lucas and Aselage registered kills late but the Panthers dropped set three, 25-20.
The Black and Gold hit the road and head south to battle Trevecca Nazarene on Friday Sept. 16 and Ky. Wesleyan on Saturday.
Contact: Bailee Worley