COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio Dominican volleyball team will look to build momentum for the postseason when it hosts Tiffin in the regular season finale on Tuesday, March 2.
The Panthers and Dragons will now meet at 4 p.m. Tuesday, inside Alumni Hall. Reminder, ODU's current ticket and spectator policy does not allow for visiting spectators at regular season events. Home volleyball spectators will also not be permitted into the G-MAC Women's Basketball Tournament Quarterfinal contest later in the evening.
WHAT'S AT STAKE
- Both Ohio Dominican and Tiffin have clinched spots in next week's G-MAC Volleyball Tournament.
- With records of 6-4 and 6-3, ODU and Tiffin are currently sixth and fifth respectively in the conference standings heading into Tuesday night.
- The top four seeds will receive a home quarterfinal match next Tuesday, March 9. Both sides are within one game of Cedarville for the fourth slot.
- Four Panthers are averaging over two kills per set, led by sophomore Emilee Fecht (Hilliard, Ohio) at 2.67. Fecht also paces ODU with a .275 hitting percentage and has posted four performances with double-digit kills this season.
- Junior Amanda Remmetter (Springfield, Ohio) is hitting a career-high .237 and averaging 2.58 kills per set. Remmetter is ODU's active kill leader with 788 in her now third season with the Black & Gold.
- Junior Abbi Gillson (Canton, Ohio) and sophomore Kamryn Maxwell (Norwalk, Ohio) are averaging 2.37 and 2.12 kills per set respectively. Gillson also leads the team with 32 total blocks.
- A pair of setters for ODU are averaging over four assists per set. Sophomore Carleigh Deitsch (St. Henry, Ohio) leads the team at 4.55, while junior Zoe Carmichael (Wooster, Ohio) is at 4.33. Carmichael has paced the Panthers in recent matches and has recorded double-digit helpers in every match this season.
- Freshman libero Kelsey Shoup (Dalton, Ohio) is averaging a team-best 4.19 digs per set. Shoup averaged 4.6 per set in two matches last week, including 17 at No. 1 Hillsdale.
- Averaging close to three digs per set is sophomore Madison Smith (Elyria, Ohio). Smith is also pitching in 1.57 kills and 0.43 blocks per set.
- The Dragons are 6-3 overall and in the G-MAC. Tiffin will be competing for the first time since Feb. 23, a 3-0 loss to top-ranked Hillsdale.
- Tiffin is 3-1 in road matches this season, with the lone loss coming to Hillsdale. They have road wins, all sweeps, over Trevecca Nazarene, Ky. Wesleyan and Malone.
- ODU and TU have met 16 times since the start of the 2010 season. The Dragons lead the series 10-6.
- The Panthers have dropped four straight in the series, with the last win coming at home on Nov. 3, 2015.
Contact: Tyler Jester