FINDLAY, Ohio – The Ohio Dominican volleyball team concluded its weekend road trip with a 3-0 loss to No. 12 Findlay on Sunday afternoon.
With the loss, Ohio Dominican drops to 6-4 overall and in Great Midwest play this season. Findlay, who appeared in its first match since Feb. 12, is now 7-1 overall and in the G-MAC.
- Junior Amanda Remmetter (Springfield, Ohio) hit .368 en route to eight kills.
- Pacing the Panthers with nine kills was sophomore Kamryn Maxwell (Norwalk, Ohio). Maxwell pitched in five digs defensively as well.
- Sophomore Emilee Fecht (Hilliard, Ohio) registered seven kills and joined Maxwell on the team's lone block.
- Junior Zoe Carmichael (Wooster, Ohio) and sophomore Carleigh Deitsch (St. Henry, Ohio) each recorded double-digit assists, with Carmichael leading the team with 13.
- Sophomore Mya Linder (Grove City, Ohio) led the back row, posting 13 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Panthers could not overcome 10 attacking errors in the first set. ODU led just once in the first frame, scoring the opening point of the match. A 7-1 Findlay scoring run followed.
- A service error followed by an ace from Fecht helped ODU to an early 3-1 advantage in the second set. Findlay though, scored nine of the next 10 points to take the lead for the remainder of the set. ODU was able to tie the set at 17-all after consecutive kills from Maxwell but could never re-take the lead.
- The Oilers jumped out to another early advantage in the third game. Despite five kills from junior Abbi Gillson (Canton, Ohio) and four more from Maxwell, ODU never led in the final set.
- The Panthers return to Alumni Hall on Tuesday, March 2, to close out the regular season slate against Tiffin.
- The revised start time is set for 4 p.m. on Tuesday.
Contact: Tyler Jester