NORTH CANTON, Ohio – The No. 20 Ohio Dominican volleyball team saw its five-match winning streak snapped in a national top 20 showdown Friday night, falling at No. 11 Walsh, 3-0.
- With ODU and Walsh appearing in the AVCA National Top 25 poll for the first time in each of their respective program's Division II history, the Panthers suffered their first loss of the season, dropping to 5-1 overall.
- Walsh has won two straight matches and improves to 5-1 as well. The Cavaliers are now 2-1 at home this season, not including a 3-0 exhibition win over Ashland to begin February.
- Sophomore Madison Smith (Elyria, Ohio) led ODU with seven kills. Smith also added seven digs and two assists.
- Junior Amanda Remmetter (Springfield, Ohio) and sophomore Emilee Fecht (Hilliard, Ohio) pitched in five kills each.
- With 10 assists, junior Zoe Carmichael (Wooster, Ohio) paced the Panthers.
- Freshman Kelsey Shoup (Dalton, Ohio) led ODU with nine digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Panthers entered the contest leading the conference and was among the national leaders in opponent hitting percentage, but Walsh's offensive attack saw the Cavaliers hit .308 in the match, including .333 and .571 marks in the second and third sets.
- ODU fell victim to mid-set runs in each of the three sets, falling behind by double digits in each of the final two games.
- The Panthers had 23 attacking errors to Walsh's nine, with ODU also recording 10 service errors.
- Ohio Dominican will look to get back on track with a pair of home games next week.
- The Panthers open the stretch against Ohio Valley at 7 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 16.
Contact: Tyler Jester