HILLSDALE, MICH. – The Ohio Dominican women's basketball team traveled north to Michigan to take on the Hillsdale College Chargers for the second time this season, dropping the contest 78-57.
Box Score Notes
- All 10 Panthers who played, scored in today's contest.
- Junior Gabby Stare (Newark, Ohio) led the way with 13 points, going 4-5 from the charity stripe. The guard led with seven rebounds and added three steals to the mix.
- Fellow guard Sarah Ochs (Beavercreek, Ohio) tallied 11 points in her 32 minutes of play. The freshman dished out three assists and went 2-4 from behind the arc.
- Off the bench, Kayla McClendon (Columbus, Ohio) shot 50 percent from the three, notching nine points. Camryn Pickerill (Seaman, Ohio) also added six points from behind the arc.
- Freshman Logan Pride (Twinsburg, Ohio) matched a career-high of four steals against the Chargers.
How It Happened
- The Chargers came out hot with an 11-3 scoring run to open the first period. Stare and Ochs combined for seven quick points to cut the deficit to one. Hillsdale's offense continued to roll, ending the period with the lead, 22-13.
- In the second quarter, the Panthers trailed as many as 18 points before stringing together back-to-back buckets, entering the break down 14, 43-29.
- Coming out of the intermission, the Black and Gold were outscored 17-6. Entering the final 10 minutes of play, ODU trailed 60-53.
- Ohio Dominican had a strong final period with Claudia Pifher (New Washington, Ohio) scoring her first career points and outscoring the Chargers 22-18.
The Black and Gold return to Sunbury Road next week with two conference matchups against Ursuline (Jan. 19) and Walsh (Jan. 21).
Contact: Bailee Worley