COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Black and Gold honored junior Gabby Stare (Newark, Ohio) for surpassing 1,000 career points a few games prior before battling the Yellow Jackets of Cedarville for the second time this season. The Panthers fourth quarter comeback wasn't enough to rally a win, falling to the opponent 74-70.
Ohio Dominican is now 5-10 overall and drop to 2-6 in the Great Midwest.
Box Score Notes
- Stare led the charge with 25 points, going 8-19 from the field and 5-7 from behind the arc. The junior added two steals, two rebounds, and an assist in her 36 minutes of play.
- Following with 12 points was freshman Macy Chapman (Hilliard, Ohio). Chapman went a perfect 6-6 from the charity stripe and led the team with three steals.
- Freshman point guard Sarah Ochs (Beavercreek, Ohio) dished out four assists, adding five points and two steals to the mix.
- Off the bench, guard Madelyn Fearon (Greenville, Ohio) contributing eight points and three assists.
- Dominating on the glass was Logan Pride (Twinsburg, Ohio) and Shannon Wojciak (Medina, Ohio) with six boards apiece.
How It Happened
- The Yellow Jackets struck first and quickly jumped to a 16-8 lead with 4:36 remaining in the first period. Cedarville remained on top, ending the quarter with a 25-15 lead.
- The Panthers answered with an 8-2 run to start the second quarter, cutting their deficit to four. CU and ODU went bucket for bucket the remainder of the quarter, leaving Ohio Dominican trailing 41-32 at the break.
- In the third quarter, the Yellow Jackets jumped ahead as many as 22 points, but the Black and Gold cut it to 11 entering the final 10 minutes of play.
- The Panthers went on a 10-2 scoring drive in the fourth quarter, trailing by only four in the final two minutes. Ohio Dominican outscored Cedarville 22-15 in the final period, but still came up short.
The Ohio Dominican women's basketball team heads to Hillsdale for a second showdown against the Chargers on Saturday afternoon with a 1:00 pm start time.
Contact: Bailee Worley