SALEM, W. Va. – The Ohio Dominican women's basketball team falls in the second consecutive overtime game to nonconference opponent Salem University, 74-72.
Box Score Notes
- Junior Camryn Pickerill (Seaman, Ohio) posts a career day with 21 points on 7-15 shooting and 6-13 from behind the arc. The guard added two assists, a steal, and a rebound in her 43 minutes of play.
- Fellow guard Macy Chapman (Hilliard, Ohio) notched 18 points and led the team with eight rebounds, four assists, and two steals.
- Off the bench, Trinity Ramos (Reynoldsburg, Ohio) netted 10 points in 36 minutes of play. The Guard tallied five rebounds and two assists.
- Freshman Sarah Ochs (Beavercreek, Ohio) collected nine points, going 3-5 from behind the arc and playing a career-high 35 minutes. Fellow freshman Logan Pride (Twinsburg, Ohio) grabbed eight rebounds and two blocks against the Tigers.
How It Happened
- The Panthers were on the board first with a free throw from Pride in the opening seconds. Salem answered with a 7-0 run, taking the lead 9-4 with 6:44 remaining. Pickerill connected for back-to-back three-pointers, cutting the Black and Gold's deficit to three, 18-15, at the end of the first period.
- The Tigers began the next 10 minutes with a 13 to 5-point swing, growing their lead to 31-20 over ODU. With 4:46 left before the half, Ohio Dominican exploded with a 15-6 scoring run with seven points from Chapman and consecutive three-pointers from Ochs, to trail only two at the intermission, 37-35.
- Out of the break, the Black and Gold went on a five-point charge, taking the lead 38-37. The Panthers and Tigers went bucket-for-bucket before Salem ended the quarter with a seven-point surge of their own, regaining the lead 56-48.
- Ohio Dominican opens the final period with a quick five points, trailing by three. The Tigers extend their lead to as many as seven before the Black and Gold rally back and tie it up 64-all off a three from Ochs to push overtime.
- The Tigers jumped to an early lead in the extra time and remained on top to take the win, 74-72 over the Panthers.
The Black and Gold return home to take on the Yellow Jackets on Thursday, Jan. 12th for a 5:30 pm tip-off.
Contact: Bailee Worley