CEDARVILLE, Ohio – The Black and Gold battled for 40 minutes to snap their 17-road game losing streak on Thursday evening, defeating the Cedarville Yellow Jackets 81-78.
Ohio Dominican improves to 4-6 on the season with a 2-3 mark in Great Midwest play.
Box Score Notes
- Freshman Trinity Ramos (Reynoldsburg, Ohio) registered a career-high of 22 points on 7-10 shooting. Ramos ended the first half with 17.
- Gabby Stare (Newark, Ohio) adds another double-figure outing under her belt with an 18-point performance.
- Off the bench, Madelyn Fearon (Greenville, Ohio) notched 13 points. Fearon and Stare each snagged eight rebounds.
- Junior Camryn Pickerill (Seaman, Ohio) led the Panthers with six assists. Fellow guard Kayla McClendon (Columbus, Ohio) added nine points shooting 50 percent from behind the arc.
How It Happened
- The Yellow Jackets struck first with a fast break layup in the first five seconds. Stare tallied three consecutive buckets to give the Black and Gold an 8-6 lead with 6:41 to play. CU responded with a 15-9 run at the end of the quarter with a 21-17 lead.
- Cedarville opened the second quarter with five quick points. Ramos went 5-6 from behind the arc to give the Black and Gold a four-point deficit at the break.
- ODU began the third period with an 11-point swing to take the lead 53-49 midway through the quarter.
- Cedarville ended the quarter going 7-8 from the field to take a 63-56 edge heading into the final 10 minutes.
- Ohio Dominican outscored Cedarville 25-15 in the final quarter shooting 63.6 percent from the field. The Black and Gold downed the Yellow Jackets 78-81.
Ohio Dominican continues on the road with a trip to Painesville, Ohio Saturday afternoon to battle the Storm of Lake Erie for a 1:00 pm tip-off.
Contact: Bailee Worley