COLUMBUS, Ohio – On Monday evening, the Ohio Dominican women's basketball team played host to GLVC opponent Maryville (Mo.). The game came down to the wire with the Panthers coming out on top, 72-70.
The Black and Gold advance to 2-2 on the season before traveling to Indiana (Pa.) on Thanksgiving Eve.
Box Score Notes
- Grabbing a season-high 34 points was junior Gabby Stare (Newark, Ohio). Stare shot 13-21 from the field and 6-7 from behind the arc. She also added a career-high six steals.
- Freshman Macy Chapman (Hilliard, Ohio) and Trinity Ramos (Reynoldsburg, Ohio) collected 10 points apiece. The pair added five rebounds and five assists.
- In 29 minutes of play, Camryn Pickerill (Seamen, Ohio) notched six points going 2-3 from three. Pickerill recorded a career-high eight assists, leading the way for the Black and Gold.
- Guard Madelyn Fearon (Greenville, Ohio) tallied eight points, shooting 50 percent from the field and 66 percent from the three-point line.
- ODU grabbed 26 rebounds with freshman Logan Pride (Twinsburg, Ohio) and Pickerill splitting the lead with five each.
How It Happened
- The Saints scored first to open the game. Ohio Dominican responded with an 11-6 run to snag the lead 13-12 halfway through the first period. After the media timeout, Fearon grabbed a quick three with Stare going 2-2 from the charity stripe, giving ODU a 20-17 lead to end quarter one.
- Maryville began the second period with an early 6-0 to gain a one-point lead. A steal from Ramos resulted in a fast break layup for Pride to tie it up 28-all with 5:26 left to play in the half.
- The Black and Gold went on a 10-4 run going into the break, leading 42-36 at halftime for the first time this season.
- The Panthers opened the third quarter going 5-7 from the field in 4 minutes to grow the lead over the Saints 53-40. Maryville retaliated with a 7-2 swing of their own, cutting their deficit to nine entering the final ten minutes of the game.
- Pickerill and Ramos connected for back-to-back threes to push the Black and Gold's lead to 70-59 with 5:00 left to play. Despite the Saints ending on an 11-2 run, the Panthers pulled out the nail biter 72-70.
Ohio Dominican hits the road to battle Indiana (Pa.) on Wednesday evening for a 5:30 pm tip from Kovalchick Convention & Athletic Complex.
Contact: Bailee Worley