CEDARVILLE, Ohio - The Ohio Dominican Panthers men's basketball team ran into a hot-shooting opponent on Thursday (Dec. 15) in the Cedarville Yellow Jackets at Callan Athletic Center.
Ohio Dominican could not keep up with Cedarville's hot shooting despite a season-high effort from Sean Marks (Delaware, Ohio) as they fell 102-64.
BOX SCORE NOTES
- Marks finished with a season-best 24 points, including 20 in the second half. He hit nine-of-12 field goals with a four-of-six stat line beyond-the-arc. After going two-for-two in the first half, Marks was seven-of-ten overall with his four three pointers. He added three rebounds and a team-high four assists and three steals.
- Ethan Haynes (Florence, Kentucky) scored 11 points in his first start of the year. Haynes made two three pointers of his four field goals. He had the only block for the Panthers.
- Keshawn Heard (Newark, Ohio) added nine points off the bench.
- Nate Webb (Lafayette, Indiana) led the Panthers with six rebounds, including four offensive boards.
- Ohio Dominican shot 41.7% from the floor with 25-of-60 shooting, while making 32% of shots from deep (8-25).
- Cedarville ended the game with 65% (39-60) shooting and 61% (14-23) from deep.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Cedarville opened the game with a 20-4 run as Szul, Heard and Kayin Derden (Columbus, Ohio) fought to keep the Panthers within 15 points with buckets.
- Cedarville led 53-28 at the halftime break.
- Over a six-minute span in the second half, Marks scored 12 straight points for ODU.
- Ohio Dominican heads to the shores of Lake Erie to face the Lake Erie College Storm on Saturday (Dec. 17) at 3:00 PM.
Contact: Tyler Stotsky