Northern Michigan Highlights
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio Dominican's football team embarks on its final road trip of the season as the Panthers will travel to North Canton to take on Walsh. This will be the 11th all-time meeting between the teams, which is the most times ODU has matched up against one opponent in program history.
The Panthers have won three straight games overall and their last four road contests entering this weekend. Overall, the Panthers have won 20 straight games against unranked opponents on the road.
ODU set a season-high in total yardage in the 38-28 win over Northern Michigan last Saturday, racking up 539 yards. Grant Russell, who completed his first 20 tosses of the game, finished 31-of-35 for 384 yards and four touchdowns en route to being name the GLIAC Offensive Player of the Week. Cory Contini set career highs in catches (11) and yards (171) and had a 64 yard touchdown catch. EJ Colson was a threat in the running and passing game, carrying the ball 24 times for 93 yards and a score while catching five passes for 76 yards and another touchdown.
The Panthers are averaging 39.3 points per game during their three game winning streak, and over the last four games the offense is averaging 456.0 yards per contest. During that four game stretch, the Panther defense is allowing just 334.5 yards per game, nearly 60 fewer yards than they surrendered per game in the month of September.
Contini has caught 12 passes of at least 20 yards or longer, nine of which have come in the last four games. He's had one catch of at least 54 yards in each of the last three games and continues to lead the GLIAC in receptions with 57.
The defense has limited four of its last five opponents to less than 114 yards rushing. The Panthers also have 17 sacks through eight games after managing 16 last season.
• Since 2006, ODU has an overall record of 84-34 (.712 win percentage.) The Panthers are 38-9 in their last 47 games (.809 win percentage.) ODU has also won 37 of its last 44 regular season games (.841).
• Over the past 47 games, ODU has outscored opponents by 789 points, an average of 16.8 points per game. The Panthers have scored 30 or more points 32 times in that stretch and held opponents to 14 points or fewer 19 times.
• ODU is 37-6 against opponents from Ohio since 2007 (.860 win percentage.)
• The Panthers are 22-1 in their last 23 GLIAC South Division games (.956) and are also 23-3 in their last 26 regular season road games (.885).
• ODU is 40-1 (.976) in its last 41 games against unranked opponents, dating back to Oct. 15, 2011.
Contact: Scott Miles