COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio Dominican's football team hits the road for a second straight night game as the Panthers travel to Findlay for the first time since 2012 to take on the Oilers.
The Panthers will look to avoid their first 0-2 start to a season since 2010, while Findlay is coming off of a 37-19 win over Saginaw Valley last Saturday.
ODU fell 41-0 at No. 12 Ferris State last Thursday night. The Panthers fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter and could not recover. ODU was shut out for just the third time in program history and for the first time since the 2008 season. The Panthers picked up 11 first downs in the first half but could not reach the Ferris State red zone, then managed just two first downs in the final 30 minutes.
The defense was paced by Tre McIntyre, who had 14 tackles (2.0 TFL), along with Ross Thompson (13 tackles), Gus Dimmerling (11 tackles) and Demetrius Farmer (10 tackles). All of those represented career highs. Cameron Kohl also tallied 10 tackles in the contest, while Billy Eakins made nine stops and Nick Isaacs had a personal best with eight.
McIntyre's 14 tackles are the most by a Panther since Eakins had 16 against Ashland in 2012, and this is the first time in ODU's Division II era that the Panthers have had five players register double figures in tackles in the same game.
The Panthers had four players making their first career starts against Ferris State in running back Esaias Chapman, Dimmerling, Mercier, and receiver Dar Stanford, while Contini and McIntyre made just their second starts. Overall, the Panthers had 14 starters who have made 10 or fewer starts in their careers line up against the Bulldogs.
• Since 2006, ODU has an overall record of 79-32 (.712 win percentage.) The Panthers are 33-7 in their last 40 games (.825 win percentage.) ODU has also won 32 of its last 37 regular season games (.865).
• Over the past 40 games, ODU has outscored opponents by 721 points, an average of 18.0 points per game. The Panthers have scored 30 or more points 28 times in that stretch and held opponents to 14 points or fewer 17 times.
• ODU is 35-6 against opponents from Ohio since 2007 (.854 win percentage.)
• The Panthers are 20-1 in their last 21 GLIAC South Division games (.952) and are also 19-3 in their last 22 regular season road games (.864).
• ODU has won 35 consecutive games against unranked opponents. The last loss came on Oct. 15, 2011 at Findlay.
Contact: Scott Miles